Elective recovery in the North East and Yorkshire
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust will use digital and data solutions to help support patients across their surgical journey.
They will deliver:
- home based support with patient information packages and digital pre-assessment
- integration of a patient app, which can be used as a communication tool
The hospital will use MyPathway, a digital clinical management platform which connects patients to clinicians. Alongside offering telemonitoring and remote monitoring, the app supports digital triage and the collection of patient-reported outcomes and experience measures.
For those with long term conditions, the app helps promote greater self-management. It will establish digital offers for patients in need of support, and help them to manage symptoms whilst on waiting lists.
Other benefits include:
- personalised engagement and communication with patients to ensure appropriate prioritisation and caseload management
- moving to an increased number of patient initiated foIlow ups
- reduction in the number of missed or non appointments