Our team of economists, analysts, and data engineers provide analytical support and business intelligence to NHSX programmes and policy teams.
We make sure that NHSX is leading by example, ensuring business intelligence and analysis runs throughout the policy lifecycle and that we demonstrate working in an interoperable, open and transparent way.
Analytics can take the forms of projections and forecasting as well as assessing and evaluating data upon which decisions can be made. We embed analytics across the lifecycle of any policy so it can:
- contribute to the development of digital maturity assessments and values frameworks.
- support understanding of the impact of digital transformation on health inequalities, with a focus on BAME groups and deprivation and collaborating with the appropriate partners to do this work.
- develop reporting solutions to ensure data is shared in an accessible and usable format with all levels of the system (national, regional, local) so that users can make informed decisions.
- contribute to the development of the Tech Plan, with a focus on improving digital maturity across the NHS.
We provide economic analysis which supports the programmes of NHSX by:
- giving expert advice and analytical support including input to business cases, economic appraisal, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- identifying key market failures, legal implications and uncertainties of policy decisions.
- assessing the quality of evidence in government spending reviews for the Senior Leadership Team
We improve data access, oversight, and curation of data for analytics and business intelligence across the NHS by:
- developing and implementing the required data architecture, data storage, and deployment platforms.
- enabling a shift from manual data extracts to automated data flows via APIs.
- bringing technical expertise to the specification, viability assessment, and implementation of data requirements.